Monday 8 December 2008

Run-up to Christmas

How ready are you for Christmas?

I finished buying all my presents last weekend and wrapped them too.

Wrote all the cards that have to be posted and posted them on Saturday this weekend past. All I need to do now is write cards for workmates but, having changed jobs in July, who do I send to? Do I send to my immediate colleagues and all the cute younger men in the office? (Even those who are married?)

The office Christmas meal is on Wednesday 10/12/2008... The team I used to be in there was a lot of drinking the past few years and last year I was too drunk to have gone home on the bus and got mugged for my mobile phone which made it an expensive night out. And a very traumatic experience and a lot of worries for my loved ones as they made abusive phone calls to my family before I got the SIM card blocked and saying that I was in hospital and they'd beaten me up etc.

I don't intend to get that bad this year and have been made to promise my partner that I will get a taxi home if I do. He lives 170miles away and was very worried about me last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment