Saturday 4 June 2011

Banana & Ginger Trifle :-P

Was sort of watching Saturday Kitchen before I had lunch and during eating my chicken chow mein. Some bloke was making a "Raspberry Free-Form Trifle" which ended up looking like pretentious wank. Slices of Madeira cake on a flat plate with raspberries, brambles and blackcurrants on it with expensive fresh custard poured over it.

I did, though, get the urge to make a trifle and thought I'd make one with what I had (instead of religiously sticking to my Mum's traditional recipe. I did follow some of the steps of the pretentious wank recipe as they seemed sensible...

I used some McVitie's Jamaican Ginger Cake as the base.
I then put some Peach Schnapps in an omelette pan with sliced banananas and some sugar and water and sort of lightly stewed them so the sugar, schnapps & water turned to a syrup.
I tipped that onto the cake and squashed it down a bit with a spoon.
Then I had to go out and get custard and double cream.
Poured on custard (just sensible Ambrosia)
Whipped some double cream and poured it over.

It tasted quite good -- I've about a third left -- sorry no photo of it as I was hungry and had to dig in the minute it was finished. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment