Sunday 24 February 2008

Car Problems :-( and bus-catching drama...

The problems with the car weren't dirty fuel :-(

Went out to the car to drive R to the bus station and it had a flat battery (like on Monday morning). I reckon there's a problem with the alternator as that would explain the battery going flat twice in 7 days.

This caused a bit of a drama with R as it was just over an hour before his bus was due to leave for London (at 11:15hrs)...

We walked as fast as we could to the nearest bus stop and it said 9 minutes until the next bus which would be 10:30hrs and 25mins to get into the city centre and he had to check-in by 11:05hrs. He does panic a lot as he's always worried he'll be late for work an being on time is so important to him. He really gets in a total panic -- I know from when the traffic has been heavy when I've driven him there in the past.

10 minutes of panic and worrying at the bus stop then 24 on the bus -- every time it stopped and people didn't have their money ready thus holding us up he got more and more worried and panicky. I was secretly worried as, although I know it takes only 25mins to get into the city, the bus stop route poster said 37mins!

We got off the bus and walked to the bus station and his bus was there but not yet announced. Relief all around:-)

Had a quick look in the shops before getting a bus home.

Battery out of the car and charging now so, it'll be OK for going to work tomorrow :-)

I'll take my multi-meter with me and quiz a colleague who knows about auto electrics on what tests I do to check if it is the alternator and do them at lunchtime then, if necessary, book car into the garage to get it fixed -- more money but I do find a car useful and can't afford a newer one.

No comments:

Post a Comment