Thursday 3 April 2008

I hate Skype

I have just managed to get my mac working again after what Skype did to it.

Here's the message I sent them:

"Skype trashed my mac OS X installation

I downloaded Skype for my mac mini which uses mac OS X 10.4.11...

I installed Skype and tried a test call to test my headset.

I got no sound on my headset and clicked the red phone icon in Skype to hang-up and Skype crashed itself and crashed mac OS X and trashed the installation.

I had to wipe my mac's hard drive and re-install mac OS X.

I will not be attempting to use your program again as it is obviously flawed in a major way."

I can't understand how anyone would use such a program when it's so flaky as to cause irrepairable damage to a computer installation.

2 comments:

  1. Spoke to a guy in the mac shop in the Lanes in Brighton last friday and asked about the Skype trashing my mac Mini...

    He had never heard the like of that before and enthused that all his mac mates used it and he did too with no problems. He asked me if I would consider re-trying an install...

    I may try it on one of the two iMacs...

    was going to put a bigger hard drive in the Tangerine one. Need to look into getting the PC to clone the tangy's Hard drive with partition magic and then no loss if I try Skype on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did put an older version of Skype on one of the iMacs the 400MHz Tangy with 500MB of RAM.

    It worked foir a while but I assume a MacOSX security update mucked it up -- it no longer works refuses to connect to anyone. :-(

    ReplyDelete