Thursday 1 May 2008

I'm all macified :-)

Received my MS Office:mac 2008 DVD today and was worried how the upgrade would happen had heard it would be easier than a similar upgrade on Windose.

Backed up my Entourage identity just in case then installed -- it was easier (and strangely VERY much FASTER) than a similar upgrade in Windose...

It even asked me if I wanted the old office 2004 removed and offered to transfer my identity to the new version for me.

Must start Entourage 2008 to see if it cocked it up or not...

Now have my (newly bought on ebay) iMac snow cabled to the bedroom and my (also newly bought on ebay) iMac tangerine cabled to the kitchen (for browsing during breakfast (better than spilling milky cereal on the mac Mini).

Had decided that it would be cheaper to buy a couple of iMacs off ebay rather than buy a new laptop for internet in other rooms -- R has had my laptop since his went belly up about 6 months ago. Got an iMac Tangerine last week which I picked up near R's home for £40 which was a bargain considering the installed software and the upgrades it had done to it. Got an iMac Snow SE Summer 2001 spec for £45 pn Tuesday it will need more memory as only has 256MB but I know a man who has loads :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment