Tuesday 28 July 2009

Carrot Cake :-P

Made some carrot cake this evening :-P

A female colleague has been pestering me to make and bring in to work since I did in March for my birthday. I finally caved in and made because I had carrots left over from buying a bag to go with supper on Friday night. So, all I needed to buy was some cream cheese for in the icing.

Made 3 separate cakes by dividing the mixture between three one pound loaf tins - it also has the advantage of the cakes cooking more evenly in my ancient and clapped out oven. Got in a bit of a mess when I was making the icing as I kept adding too much icing sugar at one time and it getting everywhere which meant it got all-over my clothes as I was sitting on the couch in the lounge watching TV as I made it.

Am giving the female colleague one of the cakes as she's meeting a friend who's visiting from half a world away -- can't recall if her friend is from Oz or N.Z.

I'll take another one in to work to slice and share with other colleagues -- it wont last long there!

And the last one, which had a slight accident (it fell on its side and covered the kitchen worktop with icing - which tastes lovely! - you didn't expect me not to taste the icing that stuck to the worktop?) but I managed to repair its icing, will go with me to R's on Thursday night to share -- he enjoyed it the last time I made for him.

I do enjoy baking when I remember to do some -- I just wish there wasn't so much washing up to do :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment