Friday 30 April 2010

Maspalomas Pride 30/04/2010 Friday

Woke fairly early 06:00hrs Jackie (nails) had texted me to ask if I wanted to be a Steward walking by their float in the Pride Parade. Texted back to say yes and I’d probably pop in to check details that evening. Got ready for a trip to Puerto Mogan. Breakfasted showered, and shaved.

Left about 09:30hrs for the bank on the way… Got to the bank and realised my wallet was empty of cash card :( forgot I’d taken everything out of it and put cards in money-belt on Tuesday night.

Walked back to apartment and got cash card and money from bank. Went to bus stop at Yumbo to get bus to Puerto Mogan. Arrived at the bus stop at 09:50hrs ish bus at 10:09hrs it said – know that the bus times are totally random so waited and waited about 10:20hrs a 32 bus for Puerto Mogan came but was full so didn’t stop. Decide to walk to the bus station and maybe catch an extra bus on the way. Ran to a bus stop about three quarters way to the bus station when I saw a 32 bus and got it. Next bus stop we got passed by another 32 bus (turned out to be the direct by the motorway one why do they have 2 different routes with the same bus number!?) of course at this point I didn’t know I was on the one that visits every resort and village along the coast – it took 1hr 20mins to do the 35mins journey… Matter not I had my iPod to listen to:)

When we got near to Puerto Mogan, I could see from the cliff that there appeared to be no market stalls along the break-water… No market!? Market was still on but seemed to be greatly reduced.


But, very good fortune! Two stalls selling table cloths were for fixed prices so no bargaining. Prices were much lower than I had bargained down to last times. Got 2 pastel shades ones for Mum for €5 each and another square one for me at €6 and one for my bigger table for €12 €28 total I know I spent more than that for 2 last year! Also bought an acrylic painting of a beach with boats on it to get framed at home cost a bit €32 probably wont go Whale and Dolphin spotting now.

Lazed around and went out for Chinese buffet for dinner was OK but bland and tepid had 2 plates full and some ice-cream purple and orange coloured.

Popped into Jackie’s bar to check when where etc. chatted to Jackie (owner) a scouser for a bit then went to meet the guys at Nestor. Went on to Centre Stage for a couple then home. Borrowed (with manager’s permission -- he fancies me) a pint glass to be able to have decent drinks of water and juice :)

Walked home and had a G&T before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment