Saturday 10 July 1993

10/07/93 -- London and Ostend

Had to cycle across London from Euston to Victoria because I couldn't find Euston Square tube station. Got a little mixed up with the traffic at Regent's park/Park Lane junction. Spent ages looking for milk in Dover. phoned big sister in the ferry terminal as brother wasn't in. Had got Dad in at Euston early morning.

Arrived in Ostend about 10-15 minutes late on the ferry. Booked in to anise campsite. Had frietten with Mayo for tea and phoned to brother -- bloody expensive from the cafe phone must be metered high to pay their phone bill only got to talk for 40 seconds for 120BF - wasted 20BF on an aborted first call too. When I had got my .tent pitched, a very cute local from 2 tents away came over and handed me a bottle of Juplier beer! Nice dark hair tanned, small pencil moustache gorgeous! But, he fucked off when he found out I wasn't Flemish pity! I could have screwed him. He never even took me on for the rest of my stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment