Thursday 15 July 1993

15/07/93 -- Brussels

Got up to drizzle and had to pack a wet tent. Cycled to Brugges in the drizzle(well, spitting anyway). Got the train to Brussles. Had to get help with the timetable from two Canadian girls - very cute if you like that sort of thing. Spent the journey fro Gent onwards cruising a Belgian soldier who had a sore finger. He was very nice - very tall dark air and very tanned and slim! I think he was cruising me back but not sure - anyway I enjoyed it! Had a pee in the train toilet - weird soap it was powdered. Got directions from the tourist info in the staion to get to out of Brussles. Dizzy bitch missed out several streetsin two places on her list! I was well pissed off as it was raining and she sent me by urban streets which were cobbled which had been tarred over and most of the tar was worn away and there wa only about a foot wide of road between the parked cars and the tram lines to cycle on! I got a puncture (blowout the air went in seconds) when I was crossing a tramline about half a mile from the station(Gare du Midi). I almost cried as it was raining and I didn't know if I'd be able to find the hole - it was easy to find in the wall of the tyre. I had the bike upside down on the pavement to sort it! Eventually found the campsite after akin 3 people the way. Ground was impossible to get tent pegs into more than halfway. A lady lent me a hammer to get them in. Campsite is cheapest yet 70BF a night and 25BF for a shower. I had tea then crashed out to be woken by a bus load of Czechoslovakian teenagers mostly female but a few chickens very cute they were too!but noisy buggers - it wasn't quiet until 23:30! Should have been at 23:00 - lights out and no noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment