Wednesday 14 July 1993

14/07/93

Went for a walk near the campsite at Loppem saw a couple of trees in the woodland that intrigued me. One had leaves like a maple but only about a third as wide - picked one of them to find out what the tree was. (later looked it up and it is an American oak) Other had leaves like birch but the bark wasn't the silvery peely silver birch on the trunk nor the dark brown on the branches - its bark was more like beech - I only recently discovered it was probably aspen (LukePast 23/072022). Morning was dull and rainy until 09:30 went shopping 11:30 to Brugges on the bus 13:19 had ravioli for tea in a bolonese sauce. Phoned Mum pm.

Now finished both Tales from the City books - what am I going to read now? My Flemish is coming along not too bad! - Well, I managed to ask for Groot Frieten met Mayonnaise Mionaise is how they say it. But, I didn't manage to say no thank you when she offered me salt- a Flemish girl scout had to tell the woman I was English - Yah boo sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment