Tuesday 20 July 1993

20/07/93

Had to get a new towel because someone stole my wine coloured one... Went shopping after having found a laundrette. I couldn't remember the French for laundrette so asked the campsite handyman where there was a shop where one could wash one's clothes (in French!) he told me but his friend (no euphemism) said that since it was Tuesday, it would be closed! So, I went by bus and tram in the rain towards Brussels to ask at Tourist Info about a Laundrette. Saw one from the tram so got off there. A Chinese couple that I thought were the owners were very helpful showed me how to work everything and which powder to get from the vending machine. They turned out to be there only to do their own laundry. Went y tram the rest of the way to Brussels getting off at Midi to check the details of the train service on 21st because it will be the Belgian Independance day holiday. Trains were running on the Sunday service which was OK you didn't need to book a seat or anything. Went on to Bourse and had a wander near Grande Place to look for souvenirs. Got another 5,000BF from the bank as I only had 800 left. Saw Raul at the Galleries Saint Hubert cyaniding staring into space (as he does). I waved a hand in his face to attract his attention (what is he on? It must be good stuff!) we went wandering in the Galleries Saint Hubert for souvenirs for me. I got and owl lace brooch for Kirstin and a bookmark to in lace. We then went to look for a stamp dealer to get Dad 1kg of used Belgian stamps. I got half a kilo as it was quite bulky. I will get him some Belgian chocolates as well. We decided to wander again and stumbled on Manakin Pis! He was wearing a Military uniform in prep for Independance day tomorrow. I decided to get Colin an ornament of Manakin Pis as a piss-take it cost 350BF i.e. About On the way to the stamp shop Raul (Ra-ooool) said he wanted a pee so we went to Cancan. I got a fizzy mineral water and went up to the bog. When he came down I gave my drink and went for one myself. When I came down I got my drink back and was drinking it and the waitress (not the cute one but the one that looks like Elf Kevin) cmae over and told Raul he had to buy a drink or leave (he had filled a small mineral water bottle when he was at the bog - I don't know if he had a pee or not). Raul left as he is unemployed and has no money. I drank up quickly and left too. We wandered for a while and I got bored as it was raining and Raul is so vacant. I decided to go home to the campsites I had my laundry in tow. Arranged to meet him at Bourse Metro sation at 20:30 to go to Tel Quels. Wnt home by tram and ate and changed the. Left to get the 19:40 tram. Got to Bourse at 20:05 needed a pee so went to McDonald's and got a small fanta and went for a pee. Had a wander until 20:20 discovered an archeological dig of a site from 1238AD which was closed - they have an impressive, just below street level building over it that you can look through the winds and a glass roof at the site. Pity I didn't discover it earlier! Raul didn't turn up at Bourse until 20:45 said he thought we were meeting in Tel Quels. He's a dosey bitch so I accepted that. I was more worried than annoyed anyway. We went to Tel Quels and I had a beer. He had a banana juice which I paid for. We sat talking for about 1&1/2 hours. There was a group of guys playing pinball one was exceptionally cute I want to shag him- who wouldn't? Raul and me exchanged addresses left about 22:45 and got the 22:58 tram home. Raul kissed me on the cheek when he got off at his stop I did ditto. Apparently even straight do this when they say goodbye in Belgium. Got home about 01:00 went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment