Monday 10 May 2010

Maspalomas Pride 10/05/2010 Monday


Got up at 07:30hrs and decided to walk to the beach and swim in the sea and have breakfast on the walk home. Left at 08:00hrs and phoned Mum on the way there. Got there about 09:00hrs and had a skinny dip for a bit. Towelled dry and walked back by the dunes dressing when people walking towards me were clothed lol.

Stopped on the way home at Benny Hill’s bar for a cooked breakfast. Back home by 11:00hrs Mobile’s pedometer says I walked 8.3 miles in that round trip. Showered and shaved. Had a practice packing of my bags and weighing them with my luggage scales. Then walked to a supermarket in San Fernando I think it’s a good 4 mile round trip but my mobile was on charge so can’t confirm) to get a couple of things including the Honeyed Rum they give you a shot of with your bill at dinner. Will have to leave some stuff behind to make the weight limit on my hold luggage :( but I had planned on what could be left so not really a problem.

Went to Reception to see if I could hand in my safe key in the morning they’re not open until about 09:00hrs so no. The guy was the odd-job man that spoke no English but I understood enough of his Spanish to know I had to go back about 16:00hrs to hand in the safe key and get my €15 deposit back. Suspect I only got billed for one week for the safe but it’s their mistake and I don’t really think this practice of charging for using the safe in your appartment is fair anyway.

Had lunch then listened to music and started Harry Potter 4 snoozed a bit then went to hand in safe key – got my deposit back as it was the odd-job man that sorted me out :). Decided to sweep the floor in the bedroom as when I got back from safe to get the laptop out from under the bed, my backpack was covered in fluff:( swept the downstairs too and the stairs so took me a bit. Been listening to music and typing up this since – now it’s 18:30hrs.


Won’t got out to eat until 09:00hrs then not stay out drinking – don’t want to leave the laptop and video camera etc not secured in the safe unattended for long…

Went out to the Marbella and had the Chicken fillet in mushroom sauce and then had a banana split for €5 -- it was my last night :-)

Went home and finished the Gin then went to bed. Up early tomorrow for my airport transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment