Tuesday 11 May 2010

Maspalomas Pride 11/05/2010 Tuesday

Got up about 06:30hrs and had breakfast Pint of milk and a huge orange that was a bit dried out :(. Showered then did final pack throwing out several pairs of white socks as they were past their best and the old blue jeans I bought in Vecindario 5 years ago…

Handed my keys in to reception just after 08:00hrs bumped into a guy that was using their internet terminal that said the flight to Bristol today was cancelled – had to go to the airport anyway to see what Ryanair were saying. Got to airport went for a pee then had to find the Ryanair desk which was hiding in the basement :( a long queue to wait in which took 3 hours to get to speak to someone. Got offered a flight tomorrow to East Midlands and would have to find my own way to Bristol (Seem to remember the flight was going to arrive at 23:30hrs) said I wanted a flight to Bristol as that was what they had contracted with me to do. Given flight in one week’s time – same time and flight on 18/05/2010. Asked if they were going to arrange my accommodation and food until then and told that Ryanair would treat this as a national disaster and I could try claiming but had to arrange everything myself and unlikely to get anywhere. Had phoned my travel insurance and told I was not covered for ash clouds and I was on my own :(

Tried to signup for wireless internet on an airport hotspot but couldn’t get anywhere so went to find a bus back to Playa del Ingles. Eventually got a bus and got off at Yumbo. Tried to book accommodation with Travel Republic at an internet terminal but couldn’t book for starting today :(

Went to Nestor to ask where the Yumbo travel agent is and went to it and paid for a week at Los Salmones for £132.50 on my credit card. Took a taxi there and signed in and paid for a safe for the week. Discovered wireless internet and got the code – only meant to use it in the bar but did get connected from room does drop out from time to time – am I cheating? Checked status of ash cloud and will get worse tomorrow so East Midlands not really worth having tried. Had phoned Mum and my boss both told me should have taken East Midlands – I bet it gets cancelled too!

No comments:

Post a Comment